Awakening the Healthy Masculine
Healthy Masculine circles are rooted in sharing, deep listening, and skillful reflection.
James facilitates multi-gendered circles to explore the Healthy Masculine, providing an opportunity for people of all genders to share, be seen, and to offer each other witnessing and learning. Participants explore the many meanings of "the Healthy Masculine" and honour one another's experiences in order to harness a positive masculine presence in our families, friendships, and communities.
Supporting Responsive and Effective Societies
I have witnessed plenty of destructive immature masculine energy in my life, international politics, and my community development career; it is time to call in, remember, and co-mentor what the Healthy Masculine provides in our society. I hold a non-gendered conversation about "masculinity", recognizing that "masculine" qualities are embodied by all genders. It is not a "male vs. female" conversation, but one that explores the masculine aspects of being human. These circles contribute to a cultural shift away from "right/wrong" or "good/bad" ways of 'acting' masculine, towards a balanced way of being, moving into a more authentic, emotionally-connected and life-affirming masculine consciousness.
By exploring and understanding how the immature masculine – or the shadow side(s) of masculinity – show up in ourselves (and are often promoted in society), we can bring a balanced awareness to practice and integrate the healthy sides of the masculine archetypes:
James holds all-gendered circles in a way that creates safety, trust, and vulnerability by:
- Grounding in “Council” format,
- Using "Compassionate Communication (NVC)"
- Exploring ourselves and witnessing others through gentle movement to embody masculine archetypes
- Centring around short summary readings and the "Map" from "The Four Archetypes of the Mature Masculine"
- Introduction – Summary
- The readings are used to anchor the Circle, and tune-in to the personal explorations, and sharings in Council.
- They are not held as "lessons", they are not "taught", nor are they "truth", they are simply an anchor for the Circle.
- Introduction – Summary
As Circle sharing is based on participants' own experiences and heart centered explorations – in a safe Council format where vulnerability and trust are built into the structure – these Councils are not for offering advice, nor are they intended to be therapy; rather, they provide an opportunity to come together as a community to witness, appreciate, and explore with one another about the Healthy Masculine.
join a Healthy masculine CIRCLE to:
- Learn about & discuss masculine archetypes, and their shadow sides;
- Gain deep connection through sharing life stories & experiences;
- Listen to and learn from each other's joys & difficulties;
- Improve positive presence in families, friendships & communities.
- All within a rare all-gender circle experience.
REGISTER FOR an introduction CIRCLE
- More Circles coming soon.
To Register, enquire for more information, or request a Healthy Masculine circle in your area, contact James
Methods of Exchange
- Initial Introduction circle of 2.5 hours:
- Suggested fee of £15.oo
- Series of 4 circles covering 4 archetypes, 2.5 hours each:
- Suggested fee of £55.oo
- There are many ways we can support each other's wellbeing via monetary/non-monetary value, in both the short- and long-term.
- No one turned away due to lack of funds.
- Additional contributions are gratefully accepted if you feel called to financially support James' offering of ongoing Healthy Masculine circles.